Published on January 23rd, 2013 | by Xalaga0
Everything You Wanted to Know About the New Nintendo Direct
Nintendo has taken a very interesting step into communicating with its audience. I particularly love the Nintendo Direct videos as they are keeping us up to date with what is to come. Plus, I get to see Iwata more often (one of my idols) and that can never be bad. This time Nintendo Direct covered many things, but here are the top items that you’ll be most interested in:
Nintendo direct 1/23/13
- Two updates are coming to the Wii U in spring and in Summer.
- Software will launch faster
- Return to Wii U menu faster
- Virtual Console coming to Wii U after the spring update.
- A limited amount of Nes and SNES games will be available as they had to update the software for the Wii U. More games are said to come later.
- Save a back up of your game progress
- Play off-TV on the Wii U Gamepad
- Access a Miiverse community
- Gameboy Advance games are coming to the WiiU (Release date unknown at this time)
- If you have Wii virtual games, the transfer will cost you $1.00 for NES and $1.50 for SNES
- 30 years anniversary of the Famicon/NES will bring us a special deal on games that will be released during the month the original game was released for $0.30 FOR A TRIAL PERIOD. Those games are:
- Jan – Balloon Fight
- Feb – F-Zero
- Mar – Punch out! Featuring Mr. Dream
- Apr – Kirby’s Adventure
- May – Super Metroid
- Jun – Yoshi
- Jul – Donkey Kong
- Miiverse will be able to have:
- user created communities
- More than one official community per title
- Usability improvements
- Filtering function
- Miiverse coming to Smartphones this spring! (browser based for now. App coming in the future.) No release date yet.
- No new titles in January or February for the Wii U
- Pikmin 3 coming with Camera function to be posted on Miiverse
- WiiFitU will have unique ID number to have a user community. Think Mario Kart 7 community in the game.
- Games that are coming this spring/summer are:
- Game and Wario
- Wii Fit U
- Pikmin 3
- Lego City: Undercover
- The Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 2 still in development and a developer’s diary clip was shown.
- New Titles:
- New 3D Mario action game for Wii U from the creator of Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and Super Mario 3D Land.
- New Mario Kart in Development for Wii U. Some of this will be Playable at E3
- Wii (U) Party.
- New game from the developers of Kirby’s Yarn adventure. Yoshi [*cough* yarn adventure *cough*]
- New game collaboration from Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. No name yet.
And the big announcement of this Nintendo Direct is:
A new Zelda title is in development, but no video or art for it yet. The project is taking longer than expected but they really want to bring the Zelda experience to the Wii U with HD graphics. So they will release The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, reborn on the Wii U, while we wait. Wind Waker will be released this Fall. You can expect from the new Zelda: Wind Waker:
- Upgrade the graphics
- Tune up the overall game experience
- Play it off-Tv on the Wii U Gamepad
And from Monolithsoft, creators of Xenoblade, comes X.
You can watch the full Nintendo Direct visit Nintendo Direct
I don’t know about you guys, but I am very exited to get my hands on an HD version of Wind Waker. Once again, will have to wait for the end of the year, which will get in the way of our Pokemon X/Y playing time. Gamer First World Troubles >_O
Feel free to leave us a comment with what titles you are most exited about and/or how are you going to balance your video game playing time!